Business License Applications

Currently this link is undergoing improvements. You will not be able to submit applications or payments here. Please bring them to City Hall or email them to Thank you for your patience with this matter!

Based upon State legislation, certain home occupations in the City of South Ogden will no longer be required to obtain a business license and are classified as “exempt.”  The City of South Ogden will no longer require nor provide you with a business license for your home occupation unless you request one for your own purpose's.  Although you are no longer required to obtain a business license, you still must follow all land use and zoning regulations which you can find a list of on our web page.

For renewals only: You must first have a renewal application form which is mailed to you prior to your expiration month. If you do not have that form, contact the city office for a copy (801-622-2715). Commercial licenses also require an updated public safety form annually. You will have several options for payment but please note your license will not be processed until everything is received. 

Be aware beer licenses take several weeks.

For all new businesses-payment must be made at time of submission. You may choose to pick up applications at the city office suite#1 or print them out and bring them to the office with payment if you prefer. 

**RENEWAL ONLY**  If you have already received a business license, click here.

New first time applications are below:

  • Beer License
  • Commercial Packet
  • Home Occupation
  • Personal Space Rental
  • Residential License (Non Good Landlord)
  • Residential License (Good Landlord)
  • Sidewalk Vendor
  • Solicitor